Soet Patat Skyfies- Simplyrecipes
Sweet Potato Chips
By Diana Rattray
•2 medium sweet potatoes
•oil for deep frying
Directions for potato chips recipe
Peel potatoes; cut in half lengthwise then slice very thin with mandoline, slicer attachment of food processor, or knife. Place slices in a medium bowl and cover with ice water; chill for 1 hour.
Lift from water and drain on paper towels. Heat oil to about 375° in deep fryer or about 1 inch deep in an electric skillet or deep skillet on stovetop. Fry potato slices in one-layer batches for a minute or two, or until golden brown. Lift chips out with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle sweet potato chips with salt before serving.
Sweet Potato Fries
•2 sweet potatoes
•1 tbsp olive oil (plus a little more for brushing the parchment paper)
•1 egg white (optional, but creates crispiness!)
•Sea salt to taste
•Black pepper to taste
•Garlic powder to taste
Pre-heat oven to 450.
IMPORTANT: Put baking sheet in the oven to heat up by itself for 5-10 minutes! This is a necessary step in getting them crispy.
Cut sweet potatoes into thin sticks. Whisk together egg white, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a bowl. Put sliced potatoes in the bowl and coat well with the mixture.
Brush a piece of parchment paper (large enough to cover baking sheet) with olive oil. If you don’t have parchment paper, you can use tin foil, but parchment paper gets them crispier!! Line up potato slices on parchment paper – DO NOT let them touch! Another important element in the crispiness.
Put the parchment paper on top of the already-hot baking sheet. Bake for 10 mins and then flip the fries over with a spatula and bake for another 10 minutes (or until desired crispiness is attained).
Enjoy your accomplishment of creating baked sweet potato fries that are actually crispy! A job well done.
Soet Patat Tert – Austin talks
Sweet Potato Pie
Maureen Van Helden
2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
295 ml evaporated milk
75 g white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons rum
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 unbaked pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Into food processor, put sweet potatoes, evaporated milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, rum, eggs and butter or margarine. Blend until smooth. Pour into pie shell.
3. Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Bake for about 50 minutes more, or until the filling is firm.
Knoffel Patats – KNORR
Creamy Garlic Sweet Potato Bake
• 1 kilogram Sweet Potatoes, peeled and sliced into thick rounds
• 1 KNORR Garlic & Rosemary Cook-in-Bag
• 120 millilitre Cream
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place sweet potatoes into the roasting bag then sprinkle the seasoning mix inside the bag.
3. Hold the bag closed and roll gently to coat the sweet potato evenly.
4. Place roasting bag onto a baking tray and add the cream.
5. Knot the bag loosely to seal and pierce the top of the bag 3 times with a knife for the steam to escape.
6. Place baking tray in the centre of the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. Ensure the grill is off at all times.
7. Cut the bag open and transfer to a serving dish with any sauce that is in the bag.
Patat onder die Kombers
Maureen Van Helden
Patat onder di kombers: 750ml gaar patats,1eier,250ml melk, 125ml botter,5ml vanilla,50ml bruinsuiker,sout na smaak. Bolaag:125ml bruinsuiker,125ml klapper,125ml koekmeel,125ml botter. Voorverhit jou oond tot 180 grade, meng al di bestandele behalwe di van di bo laag en skep dit in ‘n oondskottel. Bolaag: meng di suiker,klapper en meel en vryf di botter in tot krummelrig. Skep dit bo op en bak 30 tot 40 min tot goud bruin en gaar. Enjoy!!