No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Bites
Recipe barely adapted from New Nostalgia via I Hear Exercise Will Kill You
Yield: 24 bars or 60+ bite size pieces
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil (unrefined is important here for the coconut flavor)
2 cups rolled oats (not instant oats)
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 1/4 cups dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional: toasted coconut for topping
Melt the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a medium size saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir frequently as the mixture melts. When it has melted, remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the ingredients are well combined.
Pour into an 8×8 pan (9×13 is fine well). Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens, at least 3-4 hours. Slice into 1″-2″ square pieces. Store in the refrigerator.
No Bake Sjokolade Koekies
Maureen Van Helden
2 cups sugar
3 cups rolled oats (not instant oats)
½ cup milk
½ cup butter
½ cup chocolate chips
½ cup cocoa
½ cup chopped nuts
Instructions 1) Heat a large saucepan on high heat.
2) Add the sugar, butter, cocoa, and milk and stir until the mixture starts to boil.
3) Quickly turn the heat down to medium and stir for about four minutes more.
4) Remove it from the heat and add the oats, nuts and vanilla to the saucepan.
5) Stir until well mixed then drop a teaspoonful of the mixture onto waxed paper.
6) Allow to cool before serving.
You must be logged in to post a comment.