Roast veg in filo – sugar lace
Roast Vegetables & Feta Salad in Filo Pastry
Makes approximately 12 small cases
Half a medium sized butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into small pieces
250g mushrooms, washed and sliced thinly
250g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
250g feta cheese
1 onion, chopped finely
Filo pastry sheets
Dried mixed herbs flakes (or dried oregano, thyme, rosemary flakes)
Salt and freshly cracked pepper
1. Preheat oven to 250 deg C. Peel and slice pumpkin.
2. In a flat baking tray, spread the sliced pumpkin. Add mixed herbs, salt and pepper and drizzle generous amount of olive oil. Bake pumpkin for 20 minutes or until soft and cooked. Remove from oven once cooked.
3. Meanwhile, mix together mushrooms, onions and tomatoes. Add mixed herbs, salt and pepper and drizzle some olive oil. Set aside.
4. Cut the filo pastry into small squares big enough to cover the holes of a 12 hole muffin tray. Line the muffin tray and spray each with oil spray.
5. Put a tablespoon or there abouts of the mushroom and tomatoes mix on the greased filo pastry. Bake for 15 minutes or until filo pastry turns into golden brown (but not burnt!).
6. Remove from oven, top with cooked pumpkin and crumbled feta cheese, and serve warm. Enjoy!