“The Rebel Within” is a savory breakfast muffin with breakfast sausage baked into the mix, plus a full soft-cooked farm egg inside
• 1 Cup all purpose flour
• 1 t sugar
• ½ t baking powder
• ½ t salt
• ½ t pepper
• 1 Cup cottage cheese
• ¼ Cup sour cream
• 4 T unsalted butter, melted and cool
• 1 large eggs
• 4 soft boiled eggs, peeled (recommend a 5 to 6 minute easy boil)
• 1 onion minced
• ¼ cup diced ham
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 400. Lightly grease a 6-cup muffin tin. We used a tin that makes larger than usual muffins.
2. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper together in large bowl. In separate bowl whisk cottage cheese, sour cream, melted butter, eggs, scallions and ham together. Gently fold wet mixture into dry until just combined (do not overmix).
3. Fill muffin tin halfway with batter and then lay the peeled soft-boiled eggs in and cover with remaining batter to cover. Bake until golden brown, about 25 to 35 minutes, rotating the tin halfway through.
4. Let them cool in the tin for about 5 minutes and then remove from the tin and serve.
You must be logged in to post a comment.