Can you replace buttermilk with milk in rusks:
Yes you can with milk, condence milk, cream ect
Plain joghurt can also do the work.
Ek gooi dan net so bietjie (15ml) asyn by die melk.
I also add lemon juice or vinegar to ordinary milk if I don’t have buttermilk. Amazi makes wonderful rusks, I prefer it to buttermilk
Amazi works and tates great-also cheaper.
Ek gebruik ook eerder maas as karringmelk
Iuse 475ml of milk and 25ml mayonaise work very well
Make your own buttermilk by adding either vinegar or lemon juice to the milk.
No but you can take milk and add lemon juice and will be like buttermilk. Or use Amazi
Ek bak meestal net met melk, sonder asyn daarby en di beskuit is steeds baie lekker.
Making a recipe that calls for buttermilk? Use this simple substitute, and you won’t need to buy any:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- Milk (just under one cup)
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
1. Place a Tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup.
2. Add enough milk to bring the liquid up to the one-cup line.
3. Let stand for five minute. Then, use as much as your recipe calls for