Coffee Banana Bread
EatoriBy Tori Haschka
2 and 1/3 cups of plain flour
1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp. salt
8 tbsp. butter, plus extra for greasing
1 cup caster sugar
2 free-range eggs
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 milk coffee (1 shot of espresso topped up with milk)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl use a hand mixer to combine the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy and duckling yellow.
4. Add the eggs, mashed bananas and coffee and to the butter and sugar mixture and stir well. Fold in the flour mixture. Do this gently- you don’t want to overwork the flour and have it turn out tough.
5. Grease a 20cm x 12.5cm/8in x 5in loaf tin and pour the cake mixture into the tin.
6.Transfer to the oven and bake for about an hour, or until well-risen and golden-brown.
7. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
8. Serve with a coffee on the side. Perhaps some ricotta, or butter over the top.
Read More from Eatori.