This fabulous marmalade is a must to have on hand in any kitchen. A good spoonful on top of a simple steak or a hamburger turns everyday good food into an unbelievably special dish. It’s also great as an accompaniment with cheese and cold meats such as ham or roast beef.
• 3 tbsp butter
• 5 large onions, peeled and sliced
• 850g can GOLDEN CIRCLE Sliced beetroot , cut into julienne
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 1 tsp ground coriander seed
• ¼ cup white vinegar
• 1 cup brown sugar
1. Heat butter in a large saucepan and sauté onions for 5 minutes until soft and translucent. Add GOLDEN CIRCLE beetroot and juice, cumin, coriander, vinegar and brown sugar then mix well.
2. Reduce heat to a slow simmer, cover saucepan and allow to cook for 20 minutes. After this time, remove lid and stir marmalade. Increase the heat slightly and cook for a further 10 minutes or until marmalade has reduced to a syrupy texture and caramelised.
3. Check seasoning and spoon into sterilised airtight jars. Allow to cool, then store in the refrigerator. Keeps well for up to 4 weeks.
Wenk: Die resep gebruik hulle net geblikte beet, vervang dit net met jou vars beet