Vanilla Triangle Cake
Source : Masala Mornings
Makes : 12
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter ( I used cooking oil )
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Sieve flour and baking powder in a bowl, keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat till creamy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add essence and beat again.
- Fold in flour mixture.
- Prepare Sandwich Maker by brushing both sides of the sandwich maker ( cooking surface ) with cooking oil. Close and preheat until the light turns red.
- Spoon your cake batter in each well until full but not overflowing.
Close the lid of the sandwich maker and cook for approximately 3 – 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out the cakes, sprinkle with Icing sugar & serve right away.
My Notes :
- Check after 3 minutes with a toothpick, if the tooth pick comes out clean, it’s ready. If not, cook a little longer, checking after every minute.
- They are best eaten right away. But you can make them in advance too, just microwave for a minute or so until warm.